Thursday, March 09, 2006

Viva, Las Vegas, Baby!

The past two weeks have been extremely busy for me. I made an impromptu decision to drive to Iowa to attend my grandparents’ 60th wedding anniversary party and my husband and I had a quick get away to Las Vegas. Whew! That’s a lot for me, especially when the kids are starting t-ball and baseball and spring is dancing outside. I’ve told you about Iowa, now it’s time to tell you about Las Vegas.

Husband and I like to vacation together without kids at least once or twice a year. We both miss the kids terribly so we usually aren’t gone more than two days. The vacation is worth it, though, because we find that we can reconnect and relax on a different level. Our trip to Vegas was no different. Well, except that it may have been the best vacation yet! We relaxed, we talked, we gambled (and lost), we drank, we ate, we shopped, and we fell in love for about the 50th time this month.

Husband was attentive, flattering (in a sincere way—not in a “can’t wait to get you back to the room” way), and thoughtful. He was so relaxed that Party Husband made an appearance. My husband is very reserved and that’s putting it mildly. Although we are both introverts, I am the more outgoing one. This weekend, though, he loosened up and we had some of the best conversations we’ve had in a while. He made jokes, laughed often, and chatted up everyone we met. It was so much fun to be with him and watch him enjoy himself. I've never forgotten why I fell in love with him, but it is so great to fall in love all over again. Have I mentioned that I love my life?

Here is the lobby of the Bellagio (where we stayed). Each of the flowers is made of glass. They are amazing. I'm assuming they are held firmly in place, but I still didn't walk under them.


Here is the view from our room!

Phew! For some reason posting all those pictures was a nightmare. I'll tell you about the rest tomorrow.

5 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger GiBee said...

Uhh Huh ... just remember what I said in an earlier post ... what happens in Las Vegas, stays in Las Vegas! hehehe

Seriously, sounds like you had an awesome time! Green with envy!

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't get the first two pictures to load up. I'll try back later. (Ahem, if you had Typepad it would be much easier....).

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger michele said...

So, I was at "Rocks in my dryer" and Shannon mentioned her friend Chilihead and since that is such an unusual name I thought I should check out your blog. I’m glad I did. Intelligent and humorous (just like Shannon’s blog). I really love your title and picture (it captures the mood of your blog perfectly) and I think it’s a great idea to wear Groucho glasses to protect your identity! As you can see, I’m hiding behind my baby picture (my husband is very paranoid).

I also had trouble loading your pictures and when I clicked on them I got the “this page cannot be displayed” message.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Megan said...

I never knew you were an introvert. You hide it well online. ;)

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Heth said...

Oooh, glad you had fun! How wonderful to vacation together. What a great tradition.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home