Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Wrinkled Roosters, Fancy Hens, and Laundry Rooms


On my way to Iowa a few weeks ago, I was behind this bus. I really think it's funny and thought I'd share it with you all. In case you can't read the name of the "club" it's The Wrinkled Roosters and The Fancy Hens! It was a bunch of senior citizens out for a road trip! I wonder if they all pooled their retirement money and bought this bus. I'll bet it's comfy inside!

I sent my picture of me in my laundry room to Mommy Life and she actually used it! How cool is that? She gets mega-hits per day and she linked to my site. How cool is that? Had I been here and could have posted my guts out to get my traffic up (and also my TopBlogSites number) I would have loved it! But, of course, I had to go to Vegas and miss all that. But I thank Barbara for showing the picture and for the link.


Here is Wild Thing's entry for the Laundry Room Roundup. I didn't actually send it in, I just thought I'd post it here. She would make a great Rafiki.

I'll be blogging about my amazing trip to Vegas this week. Trust me, it's mostly the family version. ;)

11 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So are you out of the closet? Does this mean I can call you by your real name??

Glad you're back.

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Heth said...

Oh, that is TOO funny. Love it!

So your name isn't really Chilihead? Gasp! *grin*

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

That's great! I want to join that club, too. Makes me look forward to getting old. Provided I have lots of money for trips, of course!

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Goslyn said...

Ha ha ha ha to the Wrinkled Roosters. Thanks for sharing. Great laundry pic, too. Love the glasses.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Courtney said...

Love the senior road trip bus! That's great! Just found your blog and wanted to stop by and say hi!

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Lei said...

I love the pic, chilihead!

 
At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are the wrinkled roosters and do I want to know??

 
At 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool!
So, did anything happen in Vegas that had to stay in Vegas?

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Isabella said...

Love the pic. And this is so weird, but you are the fourth blogging Melanie I've "met". I don't know any other Melanies and have hardly run across them in my normal life. Is there something about having this name that predisposes us to blogging???
--Mel

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Emily said...

love your laundry room photo! so funny. and wild thing; hers is great too. :)

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Pam said...

Just had to tell you about this!! We were doing our little run to our favorite thrift store today, and my 10-year-old says, "Hey, Mom! I'm part of chilihead2's family!" I look up and she's got on the glasses and moustache just like ya'll wear in your family shot. I almost fell over, because I was crouched on the floor checking out all the pieces in a game of Clue. Maybe I should pack her up and send her your way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home